Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flurries and Flowers

It snowed here this past week.  A better way to describe it would be it snow-stormed.  After a week of clouds and snow, Sunday's beautiful sunshine felt like the first day of spring.  So, naturally when I was at the grocery store and saw primroses on special, I picked up a few to bring the sunshine indoors.  I had the perfect vase/planters/candle holders for these pretty little flowers to make a centerpiece on our dining room table, so I picked up six different colors and headed home to re-pot.


These drab white vases have been sitting on the back shelf in hiding. No doubt, flowers are what these vases were meant to show off!


Look how much sunnier it is already!  It may be gray outside, but here, spring has sprung.  A simple change, but every time I look at these bursts of color, my attitude improves.  I am reminded of the Jesus' words: "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." (Luke 12:27)  These flowers are my cheery reminder each morning that I need not toil or spin or worry, but trust the promises of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment